- Sunday, February 22
All Church Prayer, 9 am, Fireside Room
Youth Group, 7 pm, Meet at Church
- Monday, February 23, 8:30 am, Women’s Breakfast, Auntie Mame’s in SV
- Tuesday, February 24, 10 am, Women’s Bible Study, Fireside Room
- Thursday, February 26, 9:30 am, Men’s Group trip to Moffett Field Historical Society Museum. Meet at Surf City Coffee at 8:30 am, depart at 9:30 am. Contact Ed Hillman or Scott Weiss if you have questions.
- Sunday, March 1, after church, Annual Chili Cookoff and CHIC Silent Auction. Contact the church office if you’d like to enter your chili. Contact Brian McCutchen if you have questions about the Silent Auction.
- Saturday, February 14, 5-8 pm, Valentine’s Day Date Night, CE Bldg. Parents, drop off your kids ages K-5th grade at church to spend a fun night with the teenagers attending CHIC (Brian & Caroline supervising). This event is free – donations will be collected to help offset CHIC costs.
- Sunday, February 15
9:15 am, Adult Sunday School, Fireside Room
10:30 am, Sunday Worship Service, Sanctuary (Nursery care and children’s church available)
7 pm, Youth Group, Sanctuary
Got a prayer to spare? If you recently took a prayer heart from the display in the narthex, please remember to bring a short, encouraging note to church on Sunday, February 15 for the young person you prayed for. Slip the note back into the string heart for them to find or give to them directly. Thank you to all who participated! The kids are sure to be delighted by your kindness.
“We love because God first loved us.” 1 John 4:19
- Tuesday, February 17, 10 am, Adult Bible Study, Fireside Room
Wednesday, February 18, 6:30 pm, Men’s Bible Study, Library
- Thursday, February 26, a group of men from our church are going to visit the Moffett Field Historical Society Museum in Mountain View. They’re meeting at 8:30 am for coffee at Surf City and will leave for Moffett Field at 9:30 am. Contact Ed Hillman if you are interested.
- Sunday, March 1, The Chili Cookoff will be here before you know it. This year we are having a Silent Auction with proceeds benefiting our youth going to CHIC (Covenant High in Christ) this summer. Look for details in the bulletin on Sunday and consider entering your chili in the cookoff or just coming to the cookoff and the auction. If you have something to donate for the auction, please contact Brian McCutchen at email@example.com.
Here’s what is coming up at church in the next several days:
Saturday, February 7, 2 pm, Memorial Service for Renie Olson, Sanctuary
Sunday, February 8, 9:15 am, Adult Sunday School, Fireside Room
Sunday, February 8, 7 pm, Youth Group, Sanctuary
Tuesday, February 10, 9 am, SC County Youth Pastors’ Prayer Meeting, Fireside Room
Tuesday, February 10, 10 am, Women’s Bible Study, Library
Saturday, February 14, 8:30 am, Men’s Breakfast, Mollie’s Cafe
Saturday, February 14, 5-8 pm, Valentine’s Day Date Night, CE Bldg. Parents, drop off your kids ages K-5th grade at church to spend a fun night with the teenagers attending CHIC (Brian & Caroline supervising). This event is free – donations will be collected to help offset CHIC costs.
A couple of reminders:
Soup Groups are this weekend (February 6-8). If you have signed up for a soup group, you should have heard from either Sally or your hosts for information on the date and time of your soup group. If you have signed up and have not heard from anyone, please contact Sally.
Got a prayer to spare? On Sunday morning, take time to choose a heart from the poster in the narthex and pray for the young person named on the heart during the week leading to Valentine’s Day. Then, bring a short, encouraging note to church on Sunday, February 15 for that young person.
“We love because God loved us.” 1 John 4:19
- Friday, January 30, Women’s Indoor Rock-Climbing at Pacific Edge Climbing Gym in Santa Cruz, from 6 to 9 pm. RSVP To Sally Weiss, Erin Girard or Jamie Garrison
- Sunday, February 1
Adult Sunday School, Jesus Said What?! led by Clark Walliser, 9:15 am, Fireside Room
Worship Service, When We Fall Short, Rev. Gerry Cox, 10:30 am
Youth Group, 7 pm, Sanctuary
- Tuesday, February 3, Adult Bible Study, 10 am, Fireside Room
- Wednesday, February 4, Men’s Bible Study, 6:30 pm, Library
- Friday-Sunday, February 6-8 we will be having Soup Groups. It’s not too late to sign up; there are plenty of hosts and plenty of room for more participants. If you would like to be included in a Soup Group, email sally at firstname.lastname@example.org
You’re invited to join with women aged 18 and over for a day of retreat.
- Pray, study and reflect together
- Relax and rest together
- Eat and be nourished together.
Saturday March 15th, 8am-8pm
Home of Karyl Erikson
For details and registration phone or email Sally at the church office
Party at Mount Hermon Rec Field
Thursday, September 6th, 5-8 pm
Traditional BBQ with Vegan Options
Bring: Chair, some tasty dish to share, volleyball, mitt & glove, you name it!
Enjoy bocci ball courts, croquet, and lots of summer fun! It’s a school night, but it’s early enough to come for dinner and get the kids home in time for bed!
Please RSVP to Mistyn Block or the church office.
Come celebrate another great summer in Santa Cruz County and enjoy great food, music, and fellowship with one another on the patio after church on Sunday, August 26th. Learn about the ministries our church supports and help us plan for the fall quarter. Bring your favorite salad or pie to share!
Come to our Party on Freemy Circle at the top of the hill at Mission Springs on Tuesday, June 26th, starting at 6pm. We’ll have some closed off areas for playing and BBQs roaring with food for meat-lovers and vegans alike. We’ll have live music, games and a special missionary guest! Come celebrate summer and bring something to share (salad, chips & dip, dessert).
Tuesday, June 12th at 6:30 PM in the CE Building
Come join together in prayer for our church leadership, pastoral search, and congregation.
The Community Covenant Church Leadership Team has arranged a family-friendly beach cleanup day through Save Our Shores . We will need a minimum of 20 persons, but up to 40 or 50 can join to help clean up New Brighton Beach on Saturday, June 2nd from 10 am – 12 pm. New Brighton Beach has free parking and we encourage you to bring a sack lunch so we can all dine together at the picnic tables after the clean up is complete! Contact Heather Troxell to sign up!