Prayer hour is held on fourth Sunday of the month. All are invited at 9:00 am for an hour of prayer in Fireside Room. As we commit our community to God we’ll vary our time through prayer in small groups, as individuals, in silence and in song. Caroline will lead the kids prayer time in the C.E. Building for children up to fifth grade and Brian will lead our youth in prayer in the Community Room (next to the kitchen).
Here’s what is happening the next several days at Community Covenant:
Sunday, March 1
Chili Cook-off and CHIC Silent Auction – stay after worship for the fun! There are eight contenders for best chili and we’ll also serve hot dogs and popcorn. Taste chili, vote for your favorite, and bid on Silent Auction items. All proceeds from the silent auction go towards sending our 10 high school students to CHIC this summer.
Youth Group – meets at 7pm in the sanctuary
Tuesday, March 3, Adult Bible Study, 10 am in the Fireside Room
Wednesday, March 4, Men’s Bible Study, 6:30 pm in the Library
Sunday, March 8, Worship Service, 10:30 am, Kristi Van Pykeren is preaching; remember to set your clocks forward Saturday night for Day Light Saving Time.
On Sunday, March 15, Scott Weiss will share about his recent trip to Ethiopia after our church service at 10:30 am.
A New Member Class will be starting after church on Sunday, March 22. Please talk to Scott or Sally if you are interested.
- Sunday, February 22
All Church Prayer, 9 am, Fireside Room
Youth Group, 7 pm, Meet at Church
- Monday, February 23, 8:30 am, Women’s Breakfast, Auntie Mame’s in SV
- Tuesday, February 24, 10 am, Women’s Bible Study, Fireside Room
- Thursday, February 26, 9:30 am, Men’s Group trip to Moffett Field Historical Society Museum. Meet at Surf City Coffee at 8:30 am, depart at 9:30 am. Contact Ed Hillman or Scott Weiss if you have questions.
- Sunday, March 1, after church, Annual Chili Cookoff and CHIC Silent Auction. Contact the church office if you’d like to enter your chili. Contact Brian McCutchen if you have questions about the Silent Auction.
- Saturday, February 14, 5-8 pm, Valentine’s Day Date Night, CE Bldg. Parents, drop off your kids ages K-5th grade at church to spend a fun night with the teenagers attending CHIC (Brian & Caroline supervising). This event is free – donations will be collected to help offset CHIC costs.
- Sunday, February 15
9:15 am, Adult Sunday School, Fireside Room
10:30 am, Sunday Worship Service, Sanctuary (Nursery care and children’s church available)
7 pm, Youth Group, Sanctuary
Got a prayer to spare? If you recently took a prayer heart from the display in the narthex, please remember to bring a short, encouraging note to church on Sunday, February 15 for the young person you prayed for. Slip the note back into the string heart for them to find or give to them directly. Thank you to all who participated! The kids are sure to be delighted by your kindness.
“We love because God first loved us.” 1 John 4:19
- Tuesday, February 17, 10 am, Adult Bible Study, Fireside Room
Wednesday, February 18, 6:30 pm, Men’s Bible Study, Library
- Thursday, February 26, a group of men from our church are going to visit the Moffett Field Historical Society Museum in Mountain View. They’re meeting at 8:30 am for coffee at Surf City and will leave for Moffett Field at 9:30 am. Contact Ed Hillman if you are interested.
- Sunday, March 1, The Chili Cookoff will be here before you know it. This year we are having a Silent Auction with proceeds benefiting our youth going to CHIC (Covenant High in Christ) this summer. Look for details in the bulletin on Sunday and consider entering your chili in the cookoff or just coming to the cookoff and the auction. If you have something to donate for the auction, please contact Brian McCutchen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here’s what is coming up at church in the next several days:
Saturday, February 7, 2 pm, Memorial Service for Renie Olson, Sanctuary
Sunday, February 8, 9:15 am, Adult Sunday School, Fireside Room
Sunday, February 8, 7 pm, Youth Group, Sanctuary
Tuesday, February 10, 9 am, SC County Youth Pastors’ Prayer Meeting, Fireside Room
Tuesday, February 10, 10 am, Women’s Bible Study, Library
Saturday, February 14, 8:30 am, Men’s Breakfast, Mollie’s Cafe
Saturday, February 14, 5-8 pm, Valentine’s Day Date Night, CE Bldg. Parents, drop off your kids ages K-5th grade at church to spend a fun night with the teenagers attending CHIC (Brian & Caroline supervising). This event is free – donations will be collected to help offset CHIC costs.
A couple of reminders:
Soup Groups are this weekend (February 6-8). If you have signed up for a soup group, you should have heard from either Sally or your hosts for information on the date and time of your soup group. If you have signed up and have not heard from anyone, please contact Sally.
Got a prayer to spare? On Sunday morning, take time to choose a heart from the poster in the narthex and pray for the young person named on the heart during the week leading to Valentine’s Day. Then, bring a short, encouraging note to church on Sunday, February 15 for that young person.
“We love because God loved us.” 1 John 4:19
- Friday, January 30, Women’s Indoor Rock-Climbing at Pacific Edge Climbing Gym in Santa Cruz, from 6 to 9 pm. RSVP To Sally Weiss, Erin Girard or Jamie Garrison
- Sunday, February 1
Adult Sunday School, Jesus Said What?! led by Clark Walliser, 9:15 am, Fireside Room
Worship Service, When We Fall Short, Rev. Gerry Cox, 10:30 am
Youth Group, 7 pm, Sanctuary
- Tuesday, February 3, Adult Bible Study, 10 am, Fireside Room
- Wednesday, February 4, Men’s Bible Study, 6:30 pm, Library
- Friday-Sunday, February 6-8 we will be having Soup Groups. It’s not too late to sign up; there are plenty of hosts and plenty of room for more participants. If you would like to be included in a Soup Group, email sally at email@example.com
Friday, 1/23, 6 pm, Club 4-5, meet at church
All age prayer, 9 am, Fireside Room
Annual Meeting and CHIC fundraiser soup lunch, after worship. Everyone is welcome. Childcare is available during the meeting.
Youth Group, 7 pm, Sanctuary
Women’s Breakfast, 8:30 am, Auntie Mame’s
Women’s Bible Study, 10 am, Fireside Room
Feel free to come even if you haven’t been before. There is no pre-reading so you can always turn up and jump right in!
Women’s Adventures: Indoor Rock-climbing, Friday, January 30, Pacific Edge Climbing Gym. RSVP to Pastor Sally.
Soup Groups are here! February 6-8
A fun way to spend time with others in our church, everyone contributes to the meal, hosts coordinate. Sign up with Pastor Sally (there will be an insert in the bulletin or you can email her at firstname.lastname@example.org).
Jesus said What?! A look at Jesus’ teachings and ministry in the Gospels. Clark Walliser will lead this 6 week Sunday school series in the Fireside Room starting Sunday, February 1st.
Here’s what is going on at church in the next several days:
Sunday, January 18 at 7 pm, Youth Group at church
Monday, January 19, Church Office closed in honor of Martin Luther King Jr day
Tuesday, January 20 at 10 am, Adult Bible Study in the Fireside Room
Wednesday, January 21 at 6:30 pm, Men’s Bible Study in the Library
Friday, January 23 at 7 pm, Club 4-5, meet at church
On Sunday, January 25 our Annual Congregational Meeting will be held after church. Please plan to attend.
Prior to the meeting, our students who are raising funds to travel to Tennessee this summer for CHIC (our trienniel high school conference) will serve a soup & dessert lunch, available for a nominal donation.
Sunday, December 7th, from 5 – 7 pm in the Sanctuary. Youth Group will be at the Christmas Dinner this Sunday.
Our Women’s Drop In, usually on the 1st & 3rd Monday of each month, is cancelled until further notice. This season is already full of good things – enjoy!
Join us for a taste of Sweden on November 15 from
6 pm to 8 pm as Beth & Stewart Webster show their appreciation
for the support CCC has given over the years. It will be an informal evening where you can celebrate what God has done and experience a lighter side of missions. Enjoy fika and fun, and perhaps win fabulous prizes!
Please sign up so we will know how many to expect!