Our worship service time returns to 10:00 am on Sunday, September 2.
- September 2, Worship Service returns to Sundays at 10 am
- September 2, Youth Helper Paint Pouring Party, after church, CE Bldg
- September 3, Labor Day, Office Closed
- September 5, Community Game Night, 7 pm in the Fireside Room
- September 5 & 19, Men’s Bible Study continues, 6:30 pm in the Library. Meets the first & third Tuesday of the month.
- September 9, Confirmation begins, Sundays after church in the Youth Room
- September 11, Adult Bible Study kicks off with an ice cream social at the home of Gerry Cox at 2 pm.
- September 16, Youth Groups begin with a progressive dinner. Details to follow.
- September 18, Adult Bible Study first meeting, 10 am in the Fireside Room. Meets the first & third Tuesday of the month thereafter.
- September 24, Women’s Breakfast, 9 am Auntie Mame’s Restaurant in Scotts Valley
Meets the fourth Monday of the month.
On Sunday, June 4, we will move our service time one half hour earlier to 9:30 am. The earlier worship time will provide an opportunity to serve the local summer camp staff.
Sunday, April 25, at 11:30 am. Please bring a crock pot of chili, a salad or some cornbread (or whatever you like!) and enjoy fellowship with your church family on our patio.
Martin Luther King, Jr. Day – Monday, January 15, Office Closed
Adult Bible Study – Tuesday, January 16, 10 am, Fireside Room
Men’s Bible Study – Wednesday, January 17, 6:30 pm, Library
Club 4-5 – Friday, January 19, 7-8:30 pm at church
Youth Groups – Resume Sunday, January 21
ECC Midwinter Conference – Monday, January 22 – Friday, January 26 in Chicago, IL
Annual Meeting 2018 – Sunday, January 28, right after church. We will vote on the 2018 budget and the Leadership Team. The church is providing a soup lunch prior to the meeting and there will also be a youth appeal for funds for their CHIC trip in July.
We will be giving our volunteers a break from serving and will return to our regular 10 am worship on Sunday, January 7, 2018.
Fall Festival – Sunday, October 8, noon to 2 pm at Frontier Ranch at Mission Springs Conference Center. There will be a taco cart, bounce houses and a dessert potluck. Please bring a dessert to share. Suggested donation $5/person to cover costs.
Wings Harvest Jamboree – Sunday, October 15, 3-8 pm, Aptos Village Park. Fundraiser to benefit Wings Homeless Advocacy – tri tip BBQ, square dance caller, games for kids. Tickets available at www.wingsadvocacy.org
Faith Communities Shelter – Saturday, October 21, 5:30 pm, St. Philip’s Episcopal Church. Join Pastor Jeremiah in serving dinner to 16-20 homeless individuals before they are housed overnight at St. Philip’s church.
Congregational Business Meeting – Sunday, October 22, 11 am, in the sanctuary. Members, please plan to attend.
Club 4-5 – Youth Group for grades 4 and 5 will meet Saturday, October 28, 4 pm, at church.
Young Life Santa Cruz Silent Auction & Banquet – Saturday, October 28, 5 pm, Chaminade Resort & Spa. For tickets contact Young Life office 831.423.5478 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tuesday, September 19, 10 am, Adult Bible Study in the Fireside Room
- Wednesday, September 20, 6:30 pm, Men’s Bible Study in the Library
- Sunday, September 24, 11 am, Confirmation in Youth Room
- Sunday, September 24, 11 am, Children’s Ministry Volunteer Training in CE Bldg.
- Sunday, September 24, 6 – 7:30 pm, Middle Youth Groups in Youth Room
- Sunday, September 24, 6:45 – 8:15 pm, High School Youth Groups in Youth Room
- Monday, September 25, 9 am, Women’s Breakfast at Auntie Mame’s in Scotts Valley
- Friday, September 29, 7 pm, Club 4-5 in Sanctuary
Worship Service Time will change to 10 am on September 3.
Confirmation for 7th, 8th, & 9th graders starts September 10 after church. Pastors Jeremiah & Brian will be teaching this two year class. Please contact either of them if you have questions: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
The Adult Bible Study will start up with an Ice Cream Social at the home of Gerry & Shirley Cox on Tuesday, September 12 at 2pm. Gerry plans to review the first 11 chapters during that time. The first lesson, chapter 12, will be on September 19 at 10 am church in the Fireside Room and will meet thereafter on the first and third Tuesday of each month. Please contact Gerry at email@example.com for additional information.
Middle School and High School Youth Groups start Sunday evening, September 17. More details will follow. Contact Brian at firstname.lastname@example.org
PSWC Women’s Retreat at Mission Springs, September 15-17, register online at www.pswc-women’s-retreat.eventzilla.net